On the occasion of the International Women’s Day, South 24PG People Living With HIV/AIDS celebrated in 15th March 2018.The participants were the girls and women of the community.
Worldwide, women continue to contribute to social, economic, cultural and political achievements. Same time the progress towards the gender parity has slowed down in many places. As per the World Economic Forum prediction in the year 2016, was that it would take 2095 to achieve global gender parity, however one year later in 2017, they estimated a slowed down progress in the already glacial pace of progress. This meant that gender parity wouldn’t be achieved until 2133.The focus of the celebrations ranges from general celebration of respect, appreciation and love towards women to a celebration for women’s economic, political, and social achievements and empowerment.
Main Objectives of the Programme was
- Encouraging corporate leadership capacity with the quality to ascertain gender equality.
- Encouraging adequate respect and support for human rights and non-discrimination and in consequence treating men and women equally at workplaces.
- Making sure that all men and women workers are provided with equal facilities in terms of their overall welfare and safety at workplaces.
- Educating women according to the professional requirement and encourage them to grow further in life.
- Encouraging women to develop entrepreneurial skills, which in turn, would make them self-dependent.
- Advocating the promotion of gender equality within in a community.
- Proper measurement and letting people know of the achievement of gender equality.
However, it has also been provided with special importance that the process of women empowerment can be initiated properly if adequate importance is given to women’s health. It is due to the same reasons, not only medical health law for women needs to be implemented in a stricter manner but also health..organizations should function with more empathy while addressing such sensitive issues.
Total Number of Participants 250 people of community attend this programme. Most of the participants are women.
Programme Venue Satyajit Roy Institute, P.O+P.S: Sonarpur, Kolkata-700150(Nearby Sonarpur Registry office.
Time 10.30 A.M- 2.30P.M
Participants present:Dr. P.K. Majhi, Mrs. Bina Nathan(AWAAZ), MR. Mrinal Biswas (Anandaghar), Mr.Sailen Ghosh( Thalasaemia AIDS prevention Society). Mr. Jeevan Basu Motari (World Vision India), Mr. Soumik Ghoswami( representative of councillor ward no. 15), ,Mrs. Payel Dutta councillor of ICTC, Ms. SudhaJha (SATHII), Mr.Jayanta Poddar ( Sub –Inspector- Sonarpur PS), Staff of SNP +, and all the members and Touch Agent.
The program started with opening speech by Mr. Khitish Mondol, President SNP + and Mr. Shushanta Pramanik, Secretary SNP+. The program was inaugurated by Mrs. BinaNatur from AWAJ by lighting the lamp.
All the delegates were welcomed by giving flower bouquet by our members. Then a song was performed by Our Peer Counsellor Chaitali Ghosh.
The event was followed by sharing the stories by our members Kakoli Kole and Jayanti Mondol.
Mrs. Bina Nathan of AWAAZ talked about the issues of Women's Day and the role of women in the society. She saluted all the positive women who were present there. Mr Mrinal Biswas from Anandaghar shared his experiences and role of his organization.Mr. Sailen Ghosh from Thalasaemia AIDS prevention Society also shared his views about HIV AIDS and Thalasaemia.Also sub inspector shared his views he felt very glad to come here.
The session ended with a closing song from one of our members.